Dr. Nassif grew up in Southern California and attended the University of
California, Irvine where he received his Bachelor’s degrees in biology
and physics. He earned his Medical Degree from Harvard Medical School
where he graduated with Honors. Dr. Nassif then went on to complete his
residency training at Washington University in Saint Louis, Missouri.
Following residency, he continued his training at the Hospital for Special
Surgery in New York City, where he focused on hip and knee replacement
surgery and adult joint reconstruction. Finally, Dr. Nassif went on to
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center where he received additional training
in advanced joint reconstructive surgery, limb salvage surgery and the
care of benign and malignant tumors of the soft tissue and bone.
Dr. Nassif has been active in research and the advancement of joint replacement
and reconstruction surgery. He has authored multiple book chapters, numerous
research articles in peer reviewed publications. He has also presented
in many regional, national and international orthopedic meetings focused
on the advancement of Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery.
Dr. Nassif lives in Irvine with his family. In his leisure time, he enjoys
spending time with his family, playing tennis, water sports and long distance
running. He has completed 3 marathons, multiple half marathons and has
recently acquired an interest in cycling.
Dr. Nassif is assisted by
Drew Halber PA-C.
Education & Training
MEDICAL EDUCATION: Harvard Medical School (Medical Doctor)
INTERNSHIP: Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Orthopedic Surgery)
RESIDENCY: Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Orthopedic Surgery)
FELLOWSHIP: Hospital for Special Surgery (Adult Joint Reconstruction)
FELLOWSHIP: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (Musculoskeletal Oncology)
Areas of Interest
Dr. Nassif focuses on total hip replacement and total knee replacement,
especially minimally invasive techniques in joint replacement surgery.
He specializes in the direct anterior approach total hip replacement as
well as minimally invasive total knee replacement. Dr. Nassif has special
interest in the use of less invasive surgical approaches and new surgical
and implant technology.
Thanks to his additional training in limb salvage surgery, Dr. Nassif aslo
performs a significant number of total hip revisions and total knee revision
surgery every year with referrals coming from across Southern California.
Dr. Nassif performs the following orthopedic procedures:
- Direct Anterior Total Hip Replacement
- Posterior Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Advanced Joint Reconstruction
- Unicompartmental Knee Replacement (Partial Knee Replacement)
- Hip Revision Surgery (Revision Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroplasty Revision)
- Knee Revision Surgery (Revision Knee Replacement, Knee Arthroplasty Revision)
- Joint Revision Surgery (Joint Arthroplasty Revision)
- Repair of Fractures Around Total Hip and Knee Replacements (Periprosthetic
- Total Joint Infections
Awards & Recognitions
-Arthritis Foundation Medical Honoree, Orange County Chapter (2018)
- AAOS/ORS/OREF Clinician Scientist Development Program (2012)
- Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement Clinical Service Award (2012)
- Current Concepts for Joint Replacement traveling scholarship (2010)
- Medical Doctorate, Cum Laude, Harvard Medical School (2006)
- B.S. in Physics with Biomedical Physics concentration, Magna Cum Laude, UCI (2002)
- B.S. in Biological Sciences, Magna Cum Laude, UCI ( 2002)
- Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society
- Sigma Phi Sigma, Physics Honor Society
- Sigma Xi, Research Honor Society
Other Specialties or Certifications
BOARD CERTIFICATION: American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons (ABOS)