At this time, Newport Orthopedic Institute is still offering in-office
interventional procedures, such as epidurals and steroid injections, on
a case-by-case basis to address the pressing needs of our patients who
NOI's Sports Medicine Doctors, Orthopedic Surgeons and Physiatrists
offer the following pain management injections:
- Corticosteroids / Cortisone Shots
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet Joint Injections
- Fluoroscopic-Guided Steroid Injection
- Hyaluronic Acid Injection (Viscosupplementation)*
- Joint Injections
- Lumbar Sympathetic Blocks
- Sacroiliac SI Joint Injections
- Stellate Ganglion Sympathetic Block Injections
- Trigger Point Injections
- Ultrasound Guided Injections
* Be sure to check with your insurance provider on coverage of viscosupplementation.
** PRP injections are not yet approved by the FDA and is therefore considered
an experimental medical procedures and results may vary. This procedure
is not covered by insurance.
We understand that the decision to postpone or cancel your procedure is
not an easy one. Our goal is to be here for our patients and to continue
care without disruption. At this time, safety for our patients and staff
is our primary concern. Therefore, we ask that you consider postponing
your treatment if you or a family member within your household fall into
any of the following categories:
- You are presently symptomatic or have recently experienced symptoms of
the flu including, but not limited to, fever, chills, cough, sore throat,
or shortness of breath.
- You have recently (within the past two weeks) returned from outside of
the United State or have had considerable exposure to a person who has
returned from outside the country.
- Your present level of pain is well-controlled.
You are part of the identified
“at-risk” groups who are susceptible to complications with COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
or are immunocompromised.
Reduction in Immune Response Following Corticosteroid Injections
Although there is no evidence to suggest that corticosteroid injections
result in a substantial increase in risk of infection with COVID-19, there
is a possible reduction in the immune response for up to a few weeks following
the procedure. While this risk is extremely low, it needs to be taken
into consideration when making the decision whether to proceed with your
procedure. Those that are immunocompromised and moving forward with their
procedure will require clearance from their primary care physician.
CDC and local health department works to uncover more details on COVID-19,
we may have to make changes on types of medications that we can use, as
well as designating which procedures we are able to perform. We ask that
you please understand these policies will be put in place to protect you,
as well as those you come in close contact with, and our own office staff.
Should you develop any symptoms following a procedure, we ask that you
contact our office at
(949) 722-7038 immediately just as you would have before COVID-19.
Find a Sports Medicine Doctor