Orthopedic Telehealth Services at Newport Orthopedic Institute
Newport Orthopedic Institute is now offering Telehealth orthopedic care
solutions to our existing patients. This virtual healthcare service allows
patients a fast, secure and easy way to receive orthopedic, sports medicine,
and pain management care with your orthopedic surgeon, sports medicine
doctor or pain management specialist at Newport Orthopedic Institute in
a live virtual visit using a smartphone (iPhone or Android), tablet or
computer. Just call us to schedule an appointment and our staff will help
determine the best solution depending on your technological status.
In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we feel this is the best way to
provide orthopedic care to our existing patients while doing our part
to help contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Additionally, the benefits
of choosing a Telemedicine visit over a traditional face-to-face visit
include no travel or parking, less waiting, significant time savings,
and the convenience of seeing your orthopedic physician from wherever
Telehealth visits are personal, secure, and convenient for patients. Here’s it works:
Your visit is scheduled just like a regular doctor's appointment, simply call
(949) 722-7038 or fill out a request for an appointment form (below).
- You will receive all of the necessary information for you to login to your
Orthopedic Telehealth appointment at the time that you book your appointment
with one of our staff members.
- You and your orthopedic doctor can see each other and talk to each other
in real time.
- Since you will be using video, you will be able to show your doctor what
hurts or where the problem is.
Your doctor will explain your diagnosis and possible treatment options,
- Imaging such as x-rays and MRIs can be ordered
- For medications, a prescription can be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- Custom physical therapy equipment can be ordered and delivered
- If surgery is needed, but it is considered non-essential, it will likely
be scheduled for a future date, but we will do our best to keep the process
moving forward as we navigate our current environment with regars to the
- Most health insurance providers will cover Telehealth visits. Be sure to
contact your insurance provider ahead of time to confirm your coverage.
NOTE: Unfortunately, our Telehealth service is only available for existing Newport
Orthopedic Institute patients.
To schedule a telehealth appointment with your current orthopedic or pain
management physician, please call
Call (949) 722-7038 to Schedule an eVisit
If this is a medical emergency, call 911 immediately. If you have a medical
question or are experiencing symptoms, please visit your nearest Urgent
Care or Emergency Department.
You are prohibited from listing health information, such as symptoms or
medical history, as we cannot provide diagnosis or treatment by email.
* For your security, please do not use this form to share personal information,
health information, social security numbers or credit card numbers. Instead,
we recommend call your clinic and/or doctor directly.
Information collected above may be used to schedule an appointment or to
contact you. We will reply to you within 48 business hours.